Thursday, August 24

Elegance with Glitz cardstock



This month at Ruby Rock-It we are continuing to showcase the new Franchville card and envelope sets as well as the Glitz cardstock. I am such a big fan of glitter, but even I know that there is such a thing as too much at once. In my project today, I have used the Glitz cardstock in a way that is elegant and eye catching, but not over the top.


This card is all about the layering. I started with a mauve card base. To this I added a layer of white Glitz. I then went back to my mauve card. I just cut up a second card of the same colour. I heavily distressed the edges to allow a bit more of the Glitz to show through in places. I also used foam squares to adhere this layer to add height and dimension. Next I chose another card from the set in a lighter shade. I again distressed the edges. 


Now I added a ribbon wrap. On the top I added a simple strip of purple glitz. On it's own, it's a lot of glitter, but once the other embellishments are added, it is just the right amount. I used plain white for my die cut pieces, as doing these also in glitter would have been too much. The contrasting texture of the glitter and the smooth white card stock works really well. 


Finally I added a Fundamentals sentiment sticker, some gauze and some punched leaves. I wanted to give the flowers more dimension, so I scrunched them up tightly and squirted some glue into the middle and held in place until dry. 


Supplies used:



No comments: